Palomar College

Palomar College Logo

How do I sign up for a class at Palomar College as a High School student?

  1. Consult with your high school counselor first to discuss what classes you are interested in taking and why.

    Community college courses may be transferred to MHHS as follows:

    2 - 3 unit college class=5 high school elective credits*

    4 - 5 unit college class=10 high school elective credits*

*ELECTIVE CREDIT ONLY. All subject area courses required to graduate must be taken at Mission Hills High School.

Any class which is fewer than 2 units at a community college may not be transferred to MHHS for credit, except when combined with other related classes with the approval of a counselor and principal's designee.

  1. Palomar College Instructor's signature required for students under 16 years of age. For course descriptions for all of Palomar College's classes: Palomar College Catalog
  1. Complete a Palomar College on-line Application at If you do not have a Social Security number, you can download a paper application
  1. Complete the K-12 Special Admission Approval Form and Health Services Consent for Treatment of Minor Student Form (simply referred to as a “K-12” form), which is available in the MHHS Counseling Office and College and Career Center or by downloading via this link K12 Special Admission

K-12 students are limited to 7 units in the Fall or Spring terms and 5 units in the summer. Students will need to fill out a K-12 Special Admission Unit Petition form by downloading here.

MHHS Counselor/Designee must sign K-12 form

Submit both the K-12 & the Health forms to the

Palomar College Admissions Office, 760-744-1150, ext. 2164.

  1. If you want to take a math or English class you must complete student placement. Log on to your student account and click on “student center” at the top. Answer questions and then you will be redirected back to the student center page. Your placement results will show up at the bottom right corner of the page.
  1. If you would like to challenge your results, you must take a placement test at the Palomar College Assessment Center. The placement test is self-paced and is not timed. However, the average time it takes to complete each test is one hour. The test is taken on the computer. Call 760-744-1150, ext. 2476, 2383 or 2182 to schedule a testing time.
  1. Review the schedule of classes to find out when and where the classes meet. You will also find important registration information, deadlines for adding and dropping classes, and other information necessary for your success. Schedules are available in the Palomar College Admissions Office, MHHS College and Career Center, at most public libraries in North County, and online:
  1. Register for your class on-line, using your Student eServices account at
  1. K-12 students are responsible for paying health fees, student center fees and any additional fees. (See K-12 Form for details and costs). You are expected to pay for your books, materials fees and, if you will be parking on campus, a parking permit.
    • Semester fee: $19.00 and $1.00 per unit student center fees
  1. In order to get your college classes posted on your high school transcript, you need to request an official copy of your Palomar College transcript to be sent directly to:

Mission Hills High School

1 Mission Hills Court

San Marcos, CA, 92069

ATTN: Registrar

(Request that the transcript be sent at the end of the semester, after the college instructor posts your grades.)

Need help? click How to order a transcript