New Student Enrollment 2019

MH Logo
MHHS Enrollment Process for New Students

Please note this information is for NEW students to San Marcos Unified School District (SMUSD)

- OR -

Students who have attended MHHS and want to re-enroll

If you need to enroll your son/daughter, you may download enrollment Packet from this link:

19-20 Enrollment Packet Download or you may come to the Counseling Office to receive a hard copy.

  • It is mandatory to read, fill out, print and return each of the required forms and documents in order to make an appointment to meet with a counselor to choose classes.

It is mandatory to turn in the following documents:

  • Transcript
  • Last progress report (if applicable)
  • Withdrawal grades from previous school (if applicable)
  • Discipline Record
  • Attendance Record
  • Immunization/shot Record
  • Current IEP & Psych Report if in Special Placement Classes (if applicable)
  • Birth Certificate
  • 2 Current Proofs of Residence:

Category one:
Grant Deed, Property Tax payment receipt/statement, mortgage statement/payment receipt 2. Rental Agreement, lease

Category Two:

    1. Current utility bill (current water, SDG&E, trash or cable), Pay stubs (with address)
    2. Voter registration, Correspondence from a government agency
  • Affidavit of residence (only needed if shared housing with no proof of residency listed)
  • Caregiver/Guardian form (if applicable)

When we receive the mandatory forms and documents, you and your student will be given an appointment to meet with a counselor to choose classes.

  • You can call SMUSD at (760) 752-1200, or go to and look under Shortcuts Link "Street Directory & School Site Locator" to make sure you live in the MHHS attendance area.

Please consult the FORMS page to access ALL our available forms and the enrollment calendar to see dates of enrollment

  • If you have further questions please call us at 760-290-2740